Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wednesday Stumblings

Ouch. Bloggers new interface is simply atrocious. They over complicated it entirely and made everything way more difficult than it ever needed to be. Anyway, enough ranting.

I have been neglectful, I know. I promise to start updating extremely regularly with new and fascinating things that I find from around the web. Today, I bring you one of my most delicious guilty pleasures: 1940s-1950s PSAs and commercials. The kind of PSAs where women never wear a dress and are told to sit up straight because "... if you sit or stand up straight it gives the organs inside your body room to function better."

Now I give you this juicy little dish, Molly Grows Up. She doesn't go swimming because the has... dun dun dun.. THE CURSE.


Keeping with the theme of 'the curse', I bring you a Walt Disney classic The Story of Menstruation.


Now a change of pace. A ridiculous commercial where Miss Hathaway gets all hot and bothered over a cigarette.

This 'House of the Future' reminded me of a bad trailer home with linoleum flooring and plastic dishes. Everything made of plastic. Think of the PCBs, PVCs, and BPA. It's funny how back then people were so obsessed with making everything out of plastic. Now we have come to a point where we know that all that is shiny and plastic is not gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment